Volunteer Services Manager
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is seeking an outgoing, energetic, flexible, detail-oriented person for the position of Volunteer Services Manager.
REPORTS TO: Sr. Vice President
This candidate will manage volunteers to assist in the delivery of the organization’s programs and services. This includes directly managing volunteers, and/or providing guidance, support, resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers. Experience in Non-profit Organizations a must.
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to numerous animals. Fast-paced working environment.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Volunteer Services Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management practices
- Public speaking and facilitation skills
- Program management, including budgeting and financial oversight
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge and/or experience with non-profit organization
- Develop volunteer position descriptions
- Community outreach to find volunteers
- Screen (interviews, required background checks, etc.) and match volunteers to the Shelter’s needs and opportunities
- Training and orientation for volunteers
- Supervision of volunteers
- Coordinate volunteer recognition
- Assess organizational need and capacity for volunteers
- Creating volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks)
- Database management and tracking of volunteer statistics
- Risk management
- Strategic planning
- Program evaluation
- Develop and implement an intake and interview protocol for potential volunteers
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience in developing and implementing project plans and programs
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a large staff team
- Familiar with diverse technologies and software
- Knowledge of current trends, resources and information related to volunteerism
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of the volunteers is consistent with the standards and aligns with the values of the Organization
Bachelors Degree with emphasis in Social Science, Human Resources, community development, or adult education.
- Three to five years of supervisory or management experience
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package is provided including sick, holiday and vacation pay. Additionally, pension and 403b
EXAMINATION: Qualified applicants will be invited to an interview to further evaluate each candidate’s experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. No relocation expenses reimbursement.
TO APPLY: Send resume along with a brief cover letter to HR@pasadenahumane.org or by mail to Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA, ATTN: HR, 361 S. Raymond Ave, Pasadena CA 91105 or by fax to (626) 792-3810. Due to the high volume of applicants, please no phone calls or emails to inquire about the status of the application.