DOVIA-LA offers financial scholarships to our annual Education Day for DOVIA-LA members in good standing (i.e., membership dues paid and current). By filling out this application (Ed Day Scholarship Application 2014), a DOVIA-LA member will be considered for a scholarship.
Selection for a scholarship is based on numerous and varied criteria, which may include:
- Involvement in community activities
- Evidence of leadership qualities
- Achievement and promise in the field of volunteer management
- Financial need
- A complete scholarship file includes:
- A general scholarship application
- An essay of no more than 500 words stating your commitment to volunteer management, how DOVIA-LA has assisted you in professional development, and the basis for financial assistance
- One letter of recommendation
All scholarship materials (which are non-confidential) must be submitted as a complete package by the appropriate deadline date. All sections of the application need to be completed.
The deadline to submit an application will be September 12, 2014.
The DOVIA-LA Board of Directors will review all scholarship applications and appropriate funds accordingly.
For any questions or concerns regarding scholarship requirements or deadlines, please contact us at email@example.com or contact:
Charlie Rubin, DOVIA-LA Vice President
Ed Day Scholarship Application 2014