DOVIA-LA provides diverse professional development opportunities for volunteer managers throughout Los Angeles County. The Leadership Award is designed to showcase one organization’s volunteer program that excels at all levels; those that leverage organizational support, push boundaries, do great work, and create broad impact.
The organization selected for this award will be honored at the DOVIA-LA Annual Education Day on September 26th, 2014 with an award, $250 towards their volunteer program, and one free registration for Education Day. This organization will also be featured on the DOVIA-LA website and through other social media outlets.
Eligible applicants must be organizations with DOVIA-LA membership in good standing.
A complete application includes two components:
1. A brief narrative application available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q2HQCD8 answering the following questions:
• Please provide an overview of this organization’s volunteer program (e.g., number of years the volunteer program has been established, staff responsible for volunteer services department, number of volunteers, number of service hours provided within the last year, types of volunteer programs offered, constituency the volunteers serve).
• Why is this organization’s volunteer program an example of excellence in volunteer leadership? What impact has been made to this organization or the community it serves as a result of this program?
• Describe how this organization’s leadership (e.g., board of directors, CEO or Executive Director, Department Heads) has supported or enhanced the volunteer program’s ability in meeting the mission and vision of this agency.
• Identify one priority initiative involving volunteers this organization implemented within the last year. Describe that initiative and tell us how the organization’s leadership played a key role in development and/or implementation of this initiative
2. A letter of support from a senior staff member or CEO of the organization to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE & NOTIFICATIONS
The deadline to submit both components of the application is September 12, 2014. The DOVIA-LA Board of Directors will review all applications and select award recipient. Applicants will be notified the following week.
For any questions or concerns regarding scholarship requirements or deadlines, please contact us at email@example.com.