The Pasadena Community Foundation is a small but growing community foundation that serves the greater Pasadena area. We help donors set up charitable funds such as endowments, family foundation funds, memorial funds, scholarships, etc. and we raise funds to generate support for our local grant making programs. The new Marketing and Development Associate will be the fifth member of a team that reports to a 17 member Board.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: The Marketing and Development Associate will provide support to the Executive Director on marketing and communications activities and to the Director of Development in support of annual fund-raising and other development efforts.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position will support the senior staff of the Foundation as they work to identify, cultivate, and solicit potential donors and fund creators and to communicate effectively with their existing donor base. Strong interpersonal and written communications skills are required. Knowledge of the Pasadena area and ties to the community are a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Donor Relations
- Maintain PEARL donor database and update contact information
- Draft solicitation and acknowledgement letters
- Support implementation of annual fund:
Friends & Fellows mailing / Endowment Builders mailing
- Staff support to the Yes, Virginia Fund and the Pasadena Public Library Foundation Fund and other fundraising funds
- Staff support to the Board Development Committee
- Develop expertise with PEARL to analyze donor giving histories
- Research potential donors and sponsors
- Develop relationships with local media and issue periodic press releases
- Maintain photo and donor stories files and archives
- Support publication of newsletters, annual report and other marketing communications efforts
- Support e-communication and social media outreach
- Make routine updates to website
- Develop expertise with marketing tools available through Crescendo, our planned giving website
- Assist with planning and implementation of Foundation events: events (Year in Review, Local Heroes, Legacy Luncheon, and Board hosted friend-raising events)
- Staff event committee meetings, take notes and prepare minutes.
- Support committee and to produce marketing communications materials (invitations, programs)
- Work with Director of Development to solicit corporate sponsorships, in-kind services and donations to support annual fundraising events, programs and operations
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated on the timely and accurate completion of assignments and the ability to work well as part of a small office where flexibility and good cheer are paramount.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS: Candidate should have a college diploma and at least one year of experience in development or marketing. Candidate should be comfortable meeting new people and working in a small office environment.
- Must be able to perform each of the duties and responsibilities of the position in a satisfactory manner
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office programs and willing to become efficient in the Foundation’s database software Community Pearl
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Eligible to work in the USA
$37,000 to $40,000 salary range
TO APPLY: Inquires and applications (including a resume, cover letter and three professional references) should be directed to Jennifer DeVoll at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list Marketing and Development Associate in the e-mail subject line. A review of the candidates will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates who are being actively considered will be contacted.