St. Anne’s (stannes.org) is looking for a Volunteer and Special Event Coordinator.
St Anne’s, established in 1908, is a nonprofit organization. We have a number of programs including a residential facility for at risk girls, a transitional housing program for at risk women, an Early Learning Center for their children as well as providing mental health services to families within our area.
- JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator will arrange and coordinate all activities related to St. Anne’s volunteer program and special events.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Under the direction of the CDO, develop the vision, mission, policies and procedures for a volunteer program.
- Process volunteer applications, volunteer contracts or agreement (to outline both organization and volunteer expectations and responsibilities), handbooks for volunteers and specific volunteer position descriptions. Conducts or coordinates volunteer orientations.
- Liaison to the St. Anne’s Guilds & Auxiliaries – staff meetings, attends events, etc. Includes administrative support for mailings, events, etc.
- Liaison to community groups, e.g. Lions Club, Rotary, etc. and, in turn, solicit financial and volunteer support.
- Work closely with program staff and guild to identify meaningful one-time/short-term volunteer opportunities (for St. Anne’s and volunteers).
- Maintain database for tracking and scheduling volunteers and volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinate all one-time and ongoing volunteers and related projects.
- Lead outreach to corporations, alumni groups and others to attract potential volunteers and projects to St. Anne’s.
- Work closely with program staff to manage in-kind donation program.
- Manage relationships with in-kind donors.
- Participate actively in major program-driven volunteer activities such as Adopt-a-Family, ensuring appropriate stewardship and cultivation.
Responsible for development, coordination and production of all special events and fundraising events, including:
Evening of Angels (annual gala)
Program Christmas Party
Guild events – Spring Boutique, Fashion Show, Christmas Bazaar & Guild Installation
Responsible for coordinating invitation lists for special events.
Develop events as cultivation activities for individual donors. Assist in the selection and creation of invitations. Assist in the proper set up of location for events. Compile book/file for each event that contains samples or procedures for all components of the event. Identify and solicit sponsors for events and fulfill all benefits related to said sponsorships. Coordinate volunteer support for special events. Coordinate and attend events as requested by the CDO outside of normal business hours. Assist in all Development Department activities as designated by the CDO. Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., as requested. Coordinate tours of St. Anne’s as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least two years’ experience in similar position.
- Proficient with donor database software, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Individual must have strong oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Must use good judgment.
- Strong negotiation skills and consistent follow-through.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Must be a self-starter; individual must demonstrate initiative and the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be a team player and promote a positive work environment.
- Strong Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or publisher.
- Please list your harder requirements and “nice to haves” here. This section should be keyword-rich – i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special – i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).